Most problems with your Internet speed via our Router, in conjunction with RedbySFR and FREE,fr packages can be easilly diagnosed with some simple checks.
1. Firstly check that your data allowance is not throttled by the network provider
- Caused by using more than your allowance (check by logging in to your account and selecting "Info Conso" and check for Mobile Data consumption.
- Caused by unpaid facture / monthly bill (Ensure that your latest facture has been paid)
2. If you are a RedbySFR customer, check the status of the network in your area to see if there are any faults in progress by entering your post code on the website at the link below...
3. If you are using an external antenna (outdoor antenna with cables attached to router)
- Check the entire length of cable(s) for any damage or missing insulation
- Ensure the cable is no longer than 5 meters long
- Do not use third party extension cables that are not RG58 type cable
4. Check your router settings by logging into your router directly. If you are connected at this moment in time to your router's wifi or by a cable, then go to this address : http://192.168.8.1
(In some rare cases, the address may be http://192.168.1.1 )
- Select Settings and login using your wifi password. (The username must be kept as 'admin')
- Select 'Statistics' at the top of the page
- Select ' Data Plan' and enter the current consumption (in GB not MB) and your monthly bill rollover date
- Set the Threshold to 99% (Default is 92%)
If you are still suffering from slow downs on your internet speed without determining the reason by following the points above, there may be a further fault which needs to be identified.