Our returns / refund & purchase policy.
Last updated and acknowledged: 07/06/2021
1.a Our simple after sale agreement.
Your equipment is always protected under a 24 month warranty of which, in case of a serious fault and critical error, we would offer a repair or replacement of any equipment which is not working within the manufacturer's parameters at the time of sale.
This does not include accidental damage (please see 2.b) for more information.
We can offer advice and support to you within the first 14 days of your purchase to help ensure you are receiving the service you expect.
For LTE broadband equipment, if within the 14 day period & your equipment is correctly installed but is not performing to the advised information from a coverage check, we would be happy to discuss a return and refund to you. Please note that our coverage check information is does not hold any contractual information. Be sure that you have sufficient coverage for the provider you wish to use before making a purchase. We cannot accept any responsibility for a failure in coverage with specific or incorrectly chosen network providers.
We are not responsible for cancellations of data packages / SIM cards / disputes or contracts that you have with any network providers unless you have access to our unlimited 4G+ service. Please contact the respective providers directly for more information.
We are not responsible for any disputes between yourself and the network provider or any of the points made below. We are always happy to help advise further.
(Please see No.1B below 'LTE 4G Broadband Data packages & Network providers for further information')
1.b LTE 4G Broadband Data packages & Network providers.
We can optionally setup your account for you with the advised network provider.
By providing your bank information on your order, you are giving us permission to act on your behalf and use any of the information required by the network provider to setup your account. You are not obliged to provide this information to us.
If you choose to not provide us with any of this information, you will be responsible for creating / obtaining a SIM card and/or subscription to use in conjunction with the broadband package. You may be required to select a suitable provider for your location in order to sustain the correct performance based on your coverage check. We can advise you on any further setting or provider changes that may be required.
We are not responsible nor at anytime obliged to offer you a reason to why your network provider has rejected you
or why you have chosen to not fulfil an advised SIM deal.
Please speak to them directly as this information is kept private between yourself and the network provider.
Further to this information please also see below 2.a 'Our return & refund policy'.
Further reasons for a rejection or inability to set this up on your behalf includes:
- Incorrect personal information provided to us
- Incorrect IBAN / BIC information for your bank
- a bank account that is not French (with FR IBAN number)
- Discrepancy with your bank account
- No valid bank account information provided
- Previous blockage of network usages (within France)
We will dispatch your order / equipment to you after we have exhausted any attempt to setup an account with a network provider 10 days after the date of purchase.
Within these 10 days (after our attempt to dispatch your order within 72 hours), we will retry on your behalf every 48 hours. We will contact you by email to inform you of this if necessary.
You are able to cancel most network provider SIM packages within 14 days with no further charges. Please consult their terms and conditions.
2.a Our return & refund policy.
[- We do not cover financially for accidental damage or any faults caused by user error.
- We do not accept returns or refunds for incorrectly chosen service providers based on the coverage that they provide to your location.
- We do not provide an 'extended' warranty service or accidental damage policy unless stated as a part of any product information.
(Please consult your own personal insurance policies for further cover information.)
- Any unlawful chargebacks that result in a refund without our prior acknowlegment / receipt of return of goods will result in fraud investigation / huissier to re-claim costs.
- Any critical errors with Software/Firmware on any equipment purchased is protected by a 24 month manufacturers warranty which is included with your purchase.]
If at any time we cannot provide a verbal or physical solution to your problem, and have exhausted all possibility to help you,
and providing there is no internal or external damage to the product, it can be returned for a refund within 14 days of the date of proof of delivery.
If your equipment has a critical error or fault of which is not caused by a user error (see below), or the network provider (see above), we are happy to offer a repair or replacement service within your warranty term. If a repair is not be obtained, a replacement will be offered to you.
If you are not satisfied with the product and it does not contain a critical error or fault, please be sure a request for a refund is offered within the first 14 days of purchase and that a return tracking number has been provided. This complies to EU Consumer law Articles L121-21 to L121-21-8 of the Consumer Code and it is important that the request has been made before the fourteenth day. Your are under no obligation to explain the reasons to why you would like to return the product, providing that this is within the first 14 days and that no accidental damage is present to the goods. A tracking number for your return must be provided to us before the end of the 14th day for insurance purposes, and we can ensure that the return date is final before the 14th day agreement.
2.b Reasons for a refund do not include:
- Accidental Damage. (Water damage, dropping or external / internal / malicious damage to the equipment / broken housing.)
- Damage caused by floods, electrical overloads / lightning / natural disasters and other "acts of god". (Please consult your own insurance policies.)
- Technical issues caused by any form of network provider, (coverage, incorrect sim types, location, overgrowth causing loss of signal.)
- Failure to obtain service from a network provider due to rejection or blockage of service.
- Missing components. (Missing cables, power plugs, memory cards, USB Dongles, Remote controls, Buttons, Antennas, Connectors.)
- IMPORTANT Faults caused by incorrect power input / power surges / storm and electromagnetic damage.
(We strongly advise that you use the products with a surge protection device. We cannot stress how important this is.)
- Faults caused by user error (see further 3.a)
- Inability to install / utilise the equipment as per the manufacturers instructions or our advice.
- Inability to change network provider based on your required coverage and performance.
- Issues in connectivity caused by 3rd party connections / speeds / applications / Virtual private networks / Network throttling.
- Issues in connectivity caused by WIFI or incompatible Ethernet connections and/or Incorrect firmware updates and failures.
- Issues in connectivity caused by incompatible cables / connections / power sockets / software configurations.
- Software faults by user error. (see further 3.a)
Installation of none compliant software / applications or malware. (This also includes none compliant VPN services.)
- Faults caused by Software failures / Software updates / Firmware updates or faults caused by connectivity or third-party hardware.
(Using third party devices such as NAS / External Hardware devices can sometimes cause adverse effects, please consult the manufacturer directly)
Within France and EU consumer law (article 121-20-1, la Code de la Consommation, le droit de rétractation), you have the right to return the product within fourteen days without explaining why and without penalty (apart from the actual cost of returning the product).
Reimbursement must be made as soon as possible by us, and we will issue this within 30 days.
A tracking number for your return must be recorded and provided to us on the day of return and before the end of the 14th day.
If we are unable to obtain a tracking number for your return before the end of the 14th day, and / or you make a refund claim to your card issuer, the cost is payable using a new method of payment within 7 days of the chargeback. We will issue you with a new invoice for the outstanding balance of your received goods if the goods are not made available to us by your courier.
2.c Returning your product(s) correctly and safely.
- It must be sent via recorded delivery for insurance reasons, and to overcome any outside interference with postal services.
(This is upmost important to finalise your return to us to allow us to accept a refund to you. For insurance purposes, cover for any lost or damaged goods during shipment will not be compensated for. Your return date will not be finalised unless you can provide us with a tracking number before the end of the 14th day.
We cannot legally take responsibility for your return without this information being provided to us.
if you do not provide us with your tracking detail and any damage or loss caused by the shipping of your product is of your responsibility to cover the costs of damage caused.
We are not held responsible if the item being returned has gone missing or has been damaged whilst in transit. Ensure correct tracking and value cover has been included.
- Please use the return address shown on your original shipping label.
(If you require your nearest return address, or if you no longer have your shipping label, please get in touch to request the information.)
- Use any necessary packaging to keep it safe from damage during transit, and preferably safe from water showers.
- Ensure you keep the receipt from the postal service when you have returned an item and ensure you inform us of any tracking numbers.
- The product(s) are/is tested before a refund is issued, to rule out any user error, data loss caused by 3rd party error / accidental damage.
- We will not accept a return if the equipment is damaged by water or malicious damage before / during transit.
We ask you to keep the receipt from the postal services as evidence. You may be able to make a claim to the postal service for the value of the product(s) if damaged or lost.
- We cannot accept a return / refund if the equipment has been shown to be in correct working order after the 14th day has expired.
- Ensure postal services are well informed of the value of the product and is reflected on your shipping label / shipping offer for insurance reasons.
3.a Determining a fault or user error (and the differences).
Faults can commonly be confused with user error (visa-versa), of which we would need to determine before offering a refund or return.
A fault is covered under the 24 months manufacturer warranty on most of your product(s), and is of an unexpected nature, and does not comply to the standard of which it was sold you, or during quality control by any manufacturer.
This covers unexpected complete failure of Hardware as for example:
- not powering on which is a fault native to the equipment at time of sale (NOTE: This does not include faults caused by power surges / following listed below)
The warranty does not cover any faults caused by 3rd party applications or none compliant power plugs installed by the user after the time of sale. (Please see above 2.b)
Connectivity issues are not classed as a fault and is of user error and / or faults caused by the network providers.
If the network provider rejects or blocks your service, this is not classed as a fault within your warranty.
You must exhaust all methods via technical support from us @ BlinkConnect or any other qualified engineer or technician to overcome connectivity issues.
If you decide to use a third party technician, they must be SIRET / SIREN registered within France and evidence may be requested by us.
Please ensure your have the recommended WIFI / Ehternet cable / Length / Speed / Strengths required for your equipment to work to the standard expected. (Different types of cables can sometimes have different sized connectors, lengths, speeds.)
- Extending cable lengths for 4G / 4G+ / LTE antennas can result is loss of signal and performance and is not considered a fault.
If your device is not working as expected due to a difference in cable design / speed / length we would not consider this to be a failure of the equipment.
If at this time, after all efforts to overcome a fault have been exhausted, we would agree to offering a return & refund within 14 days of purchase. Thereafter the first 14 days, we will continue to cover your goods with a repair and replace service during your warranty period.
User error cannot be a valid reason for us to offer a refund to you or for you to return your product to us because the product is considered to be in normal working order. Though our advice offered in our coverage checks are accurate, they are not contractually enforced.
Faults / disputes with any network provider / your bank / 3rd party company cannot be a valid reason for us to offer a refund or return under any circumstances and is not considered to be a fault. (please see above 2.b)
If no faults can be physically found with the hardware equipment by us or a registered engineer / technician, or error within the native software provided, this would mean there is a user error / network error of which we will help you over come with telephone / remote support. We can help advise you with errors caused by your network provider, and best advise on how to address them to overcome the issue in the quickest possible way.
Furthermore, if you return your products and no faults are present, your products will be returned to you with an agreement to help you further if a user error or network provider error is determined. Shipping and tracking details will be provided at this time.
3.b Our Support Service
We are happy to help you before and after your purchase to achieve the maximum performance from your equipment.
We offer technical support via telephone / facebook / remote control support (Mon-Sat, 0900Hrs - 1700Hrs).
The remote support service is offered for 14 days free of charge after the date of delivery, of which thereafter, remote support is charged at a fee of €59 for an unlimited time within one year.
We advise that the quickest and most easiest way to contact us for technical support, and for your security is to use our page on Facebook or by Email. You can utilise the chat now button on the main page of this website or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Google email address is verified with SSL and Encryption certificates for your security and peace of mind.
The renewal of our support service after expiry does NOT include the renewal of your manufacturers warranty / insurance unless included within a renewal of subscription for a live service provided directly by ourselves. Any updates / changes / upgrades to your product after the expiry of your manufacturers warranty, work carried out will be covered for 12 months.
All of your purchases have 14 days of support included. We will help you over come any issues you have with the product(s).
We do not offer support to third party applications / software / firmware / 3rd party network provider settings unless it is crucial to allowing you to continue using our products in a way that was agreed with you upon / before purchase.
If we failing to provide a verbal solution to your problem within 14 days of purchase we will be happy to offer a replacement / refund / return.
Further Information & Guidance Links
https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/N10515 - Your rights / Law on 'Distance Selling' / Sales and purchases online